Let's Do This Together
Realizing that Hart County Kentucky lacks a shelter and care for lost, unwanted, abused or neglected animals, the people of this area have come together and formed Animal Rescue Kare, LLC. It is our goal to build a shelter, to provide the necessary care, and to improve the quality of life for Hart County's needy animals. Our efforts include a spay-neuter program, a pet fostering and adoption program, and much more. We hope to strengthen the bond between people and their animals through education and example.
ARK Mission: To instill respect, kindness, and compassion for animals as community values.
Donate, become a member, renew membership for 2018, or volunteer.
You can benefit ARK every time you shop on Amazon. Click here to go directly to ARK on Amazon Smile and sign up. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of every purchase price to ARK, with no extra cost to you.
Upcoming Events: Click on "Events" for more details.
- Hardyville Spay-Neuter-Rabies Voucher Distribution, Saturday, July 14, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- ARK Carnival and Membership Drive - July 21, 6 - 9 PM
- ARK Pet Photo Calendar Contest - Make your furry friend a star! Through July 27
- ARK t-shirts and hand-crafted holiday pet stockings are now available in our shop.
A BIG THANK-YOU to R & S Salvage , Rowletts, KY, for donating bottled water for the Dawgy Dash and to all of our generous sponsors.
Platinum Paw Sponsors
- Joe Choate, candidate for Hart County Judge Executive
- Country Charm Pet Spa and Resort!
- Nelson and Opal Gonterman Fund
- Ron and Joyce Gonterman
- Boston Hensley, Hart County Sheriff
- Bobby Kessinger, Coldwell Banker Legacy Real Estate Group
- Oscarware, Inc., Bonnieville, KY
- Alex Rosser with Rosser Insurance and Allstate’s Helping Hands Grant Foundation
- Sacca Insurance, Will Sacca, agent
- Dr. Lynn Salisbury and Dr. Jim Middleton
- Terry Shelton, Candidate for Hart County Judge Executive
- Dr. Kevin Vance, Hartland Animal Hospital
Gold Paw Sponsors
- Melody Chaney, Edward Jones Investiments
- Family Medical Center
- Dr. Don Green, Riverside Animal Clinic
- Hart County Leadership Class of 2009: Terry Smith, Coni Shepherd, Michelle Wright, Coni Meader, A.J. Wilson, Connie Smith, Candace Eastridge, April Hatcher, Jason England
- Houchens Industries
- Locke's Heating and Cooling
- Lance Strother, candidate for Hart County Circuit Clerk
- Swope Toyota, Elizabethtown
- "Pearl" Thompson - The Shy English Bulldog
Pet Foster Families Needed for Temporary Homes
Sometimes pet owners must surrender their pets for various reasons, such as an owner's health concerns, moving to a new home that does not allow pets, or financial difficulties. You can offer these surrendered pets a home until they are adopted. Learn more by clicking below.
If you know of a surrendered animal that needs a foster home, or if you have a pet you can no longer keep, please call (225) 414 - 2765 and leave a message, or email us at email@example.com. We'll do our best to find a good home for the pet.
Cats and dogs are now available for adoption through ARK's foster program! Find the pet that's right for you on our Adopt a Pet page.
Adoption fees cover spaying/neutering, shots, vet exam/care, and micro-chipping - a great deal!
ARK received a $5000 Foster Care Grant from the Maddie's Fund organization of Pleasanton, CA to initiate our pet foster program. #ThanksToMaddie!
Please Don't Litter; Spay or Neuter a Critter!
Sponsoring a spay or neuter for a family pet in need can help protect that animal for the rest of its life.